Expert Answered First Time Building Muscle – Best Approach With Minimal Side Effects

Back First Time Building Muscle – Best Approach With Minimal Side Effects
Planning your first cycle: what to run, how much, what to expect and what to avoid.

fruityloba

Newbie
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
3.00
I’m 20 years old and I haven’t really built any muscle yet, so this would be my first time trying to build muscle. What would be the best thing to take, and how should I approach it in the smartest way and in the right order? I’m not looking to gain just a little bit of muscle or whatever it may give me — I want to build as much muscle as possible while minimizing the side effects as much as possible.
 
Hi mate. Welcome to community!
To give you any advice, I need to know a little more information. Please answer a few questions.
  1. Your height and weight
  2. A photo of your current physique (this is the most important)
  3. How long you’ve been training
  4. Your daily calorie intake and macros
  5. Any chronic health conditions, including depression or other mental health disorders
 
I was once in your age and didn't have any experience in buildings muscles and made a mistake you can learn off.

My recommendation is try to build muscles for 6 months without gear, don't waste your potential, maybe its just me.

When I was 22 everyone of my friends have been on gear, it was easily available in my circle, we actually had the good ones back in the day.
I didn't have experience with gym, proper diet, cardio or anything and started injecting 250mg Eifelfango's every 7 days without doing any research and trusting the one friend that injected in my butt.

I gained some serious muscles but it was not worth it, when you start training, you get alot of gains very easy, why rush it?

I was exposed to high blood pressure (full cycle) and after ending the cycle after 4 month's I didnt do PCT after the cycle, I had erection problems after it, had mood shifts after it, got a depression. Think twice what you do with your body.

AND LISTEN TO @Sam Bjorn he is experienced and helped me on planing my next cycle after 13 years, really thankful for it.

Think twice If it's worth your health and If you do it, do it right! Don't rush it, you are still young, I know there is a gear trend going on right now. You should get your training on point, your diet on point, don't waste the potential.

Sorry for my wise words, wish my younger me had someone tell me about it.

Is there a reason you are not gaining any muscles in your age? is your training on point? what kind of split are you doing?
 
Hi mate. Welcome to community!
To give you any advice, I need to know a little more information. Please answer a few questions.
  1. Your height and weight
  2. A photo of your current physique (this is the most important)
  3. How long you’ve been training
  4. Your daily calorie intake and macros
  5. Any chronic health conditions, including depression or other mental health disorders
Is it fine if i send you all of that in private dms?
`
 
I was once in your age and didn't have any experience in buildings muscles and made a mistake you can learn off.

My recommendation is try to build muscles for 6 months without gear, don't waste your potential, maybe its just me.

When I was 22 everyone of my friends have been on gear, it was easily available in my circle, we actually had the good ones back in the day.
I didn't have experience with gym, proper diet, cardio or anything and started injecting 250mg Eifelfango's every 7 days without doing any research and trusting the one friend that injected in my butt.

I gained some serious muscles but it was not worth it, when you start training, you get alot of gains very easy, why rush it?

I was exposed to high blood pressure (full cycle) and after ending the cycle after 4 month's I didnt do PCT after the cycle, I had erection problems after it, had mood shifts after it, got a depression. Think twice what you do with your body.

AND LISTEN TO @Sam Bjorn he is experienced and helped me on planing my next cycle after 13 years, really thankful for it.

Think twice If it's worth your health and If you do it, do it right! Don't rush it, you are still young, I know there is a gear trend going on right now. You should get your training on point, your diet on point, don't waste the potential.

Sorry for my wise words, wish my younger me had someone tell me about it.

Is there a reason you are not gaining any muscles in your age? is your training on point? what kind of split are you doing?
I understand your concern, and I really respect it. I’m glad you took the time to tell me this your words genuinely mean a lot to me. Would it be okay if I sent you a private DM, either here or on Instagram, so I could ask you a few things?
 
Is it fine if i send you all of that in private dms?
`
I read your message, and thanks for sending the photo as well. I completely agree with Enhancer that you absolutely don’t need steroids or any kind of boosters right now. Let us help you figure out your training and nutrition. You’ll be able to build muscle without testosterone and everything that comes with it, at least for the next couple of years.
 
I read your message, and thanks for sending the photo as well. I completely agree with Enhancer that you absolutely don’t need steroids or any kind of boosters right now. Let us help you figure out your training and nutrition. You’ll be able to build muscle without testosterone and everything that comes with it, at least for the next couple of years.
I understand, and I appreciate that. I do want to ask if there’s something I could take that would give me a bit of a head start, especially in terms of getting stronger in the beginning because im really busy w work also and i dont have enough free time yk

My main goal is to build an athletic physique — lean, very defined, but still with a good amount of muscle. If you could also help me with a proper diet and a training program tailored to that goal, I’d really appreciate it. I’m willing to put in the work and follow the plan consistently.
 
No, at this stage it would be useless and would basically cause harm with zero return. Efficiency = 0. If your goal is your physique, then you need to focus on that and start with nutrition and training. Steroids don’t build muscle if your body doesn’t have the resources and stimulus to do it.

The stimulus is the external signal telling your body that it needs to grow in order to adapt. For that, we need training load.

The resources are amino acids and energy that we get from food. If there are enough resources to build muscle, then your body will be ready to do it.

If you have neither the stimulus nor the resources, steroids in your blood won’t build anything, because they’re like construction workers you hired and are paying, but you didn’t give them a job or any building materials. So the workers start drinking and playing cards, and even worse, they might steal the neighbor’s lawn mower because they have nothing better to do. Steroids will basically do the same thing — if they aren’t being directed toward building muscle (new proteins), they’ll start causing damage inside your body instead.

And once you get those first two things in place, you’ll start improving very quickly because you’ll get an anabolic response from your body. Steroids are used when you can’t get enough of an anabolic response because of age, or because you’re already well trained and genetically you’ve reached the maximum condition your body can naturally maintain.

Please create a thread in the training and nutrition section, explain your goal, and we’ll try to help you get things moving.
 
Back
Top